Use this tool for the most current and accurate college textbook information.
Students who buy and sell used textbooks significantly reduce the cost of their education. The UCR Campus Store buys textbooks daily and offers six major textbook buybacks each year where students receive up to 55% of the price they paid for textbooks that are adopted for the following quarter. We “guarantee” the highest prices paid for used textbooks. In conjunction with Missouri Book Services, one of the largest wholesale book companies in the country, we also offer an on-line buyback program. Send your ISBNs to MBS and they will send you a quote and provide free shipping labels.
Help Your Students Save Money
There are many ways that faculty and academic departments can help our students save money on their textbooks.
1. Most importantly, send your textbook adoptions to the Textbook Department as early as possible. This allows us to determine which titles we can purchase during Buyback. Use textbooks save money for students and gives them some back when they sell us their books.
2. Textbook adoptions assure that students will have the correct edition of the textbook requested. When students purchase their textbooks from other sources, they may end up with the wrong edition that they may not be able to return. That student will now have to purchase their books a second time.
3. Ask your publisher/ representative if textbooks can be bundled. Most publishers will charge significantly less for bundling two or more books or a textbook and access card such as Aplia or Web Assign. These savings are passed directly to the students.
4. Many publishers offer loose leaf versions of textbooks; they cost less than traditional bound editions. Again, the savings are passed directly to the students.
5. Please limit the use of "print on demand" titles. These textbooks are printed only when ordered and in most cases, they take two or three weeks to print and may not be returned.